2021-May-15 09:44
Politics
2021-April-26  11:51

Top Negotiator: Step-for-Step Plan in N. Talks Not Acceptable

TEHRAN (FNA)- Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi said that no step-for-step plan has been raised in nuclear talks, stressing that the remaining signatories of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action are discussing Iran’s demands pertaining to the deal.

Araqchi said that the step-for-step plan has long been put aside in the talks, adding that negotiations with the JCPOA parties are focused on Iran’s requests related to the nuclear deal.

A step-for-step return to the JCPOA commitments was raised last year which Iran rejected the issue at the same time, he said, adding, “Negotiations are currently underway in Vienna on the arrangements envisioned by the Islamic Republic in the final stage in which the parties will fulfill their obligations.”

In relevant remarks on Saturday, an informed source told Press TV that Iran will never accept a step-for-step lifting of the sanctions, and stressed that all sanctions including those imposed by ex-President Donald Trump should be removed.

“Iran has repeatedly emphasized that it does not accept any plan based on the notion of a step-for-step [sanctions removal] and has no such thing on the agenda,” he said on Saturday, and added that the whole sanctions should be removed in one phase.

The source made the remarks in response to earlier comments by US State Department’s Spokesman Ned Price, who said the administration of President Joe Biden is seeking a step-for-step return to the nuclear deal.

However, the informed source told Press TV that Iran would stop its “remedial actions” only after it full verification of all the sanctions removal.

He emphasized that the sanctions include those related to the nuclear deal, also called the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), as well as the ones that were imposed under any other label by Trump or his predecessor, Barack Obama.