Report: Two Israeli Settlers Wounded in ‘Shooting Operation’ Near Al-Quds
TEHRAN (FNA)- Palestinian media said at least two Israeli settlers have been shot and wounded outside the occupied Old City of Al-Quds, in the latest retaliatory operation against the occupying regime’s new round of violence.
The Palestinian Ma'an news agency said the two settlers were injured on Saturday morning in a “shooting operation” near a settlement outpost in the Silwan neighborhood of the occupied holy city of Al-Quds.
Citing Israel's Channel 12, the news agency said the shooting resulted in the injury of a settler with a bullet in the chest, adding that the other injured was unconscious.
Israeli media said the victims, a man in his 20s and a 59-year-old man, were listed in serious but stable condition after they had been transferred to hospital.
The shooting took place hours after an attack in front of a synagogue in the occupied Al-Quds that killed eight illegal settlers and wounded 10 others. The Israeli regime's forces had a day earlier raided the city of Jenin and its neighboring refugee camp in the North of the Tel Aviv-occupied West Bank, gunning down nine Palestinians.
Palestinian resistance groups hailed the retaliatory operation near the synagogue, describing it as a "direct response" to the deadliest Israeli military raid in the occupied West Bank in years.
The Israeli raid comes in the context of recent escalations that have been on the rise especially in light of the new extremist far-right cabinet headed by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his extremist affiliates.
Over the past months, Israel has ramped up attacks on Palestinian towns and cities throughout the occupied territories. As a result of these attacks, dozens of Palestinians have lost their lives and many others have been arrested.
Most of the raids have focused on Nablus and Jenin, where Israeli forces have been trying to stifle a growing Palestinian resistance in the occupied cities.
More than 170 Palestinians, including at least 30 children, were killed across the occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem last year. In January 2023 alone, at least 38 Palestinians including five children have been killed.